Saturday 25 August 2012

Vinegar and Bicarbonate of Soda fun.

Bicarbonate of Soda and Vinegar experiments are everywhere on the internet (so I'm not going to link to a particular post for this idea).  I've seen all sorts of variations, from popping plastic bags to using food colouring to making volcanoes.  I decided to use spray bottles.


I poured a load of bicarbonate of soda into a tray and put distilled white vinegar and food colouring in some empty spray bottles.


I then let the kids do their worst!



They had fun doing it, but the spray bottles didn't really work out well - there was a tendency for the spray to go across the table and towards the face of the person sat opposite.  In the end we took the tops off the bottles and poured.  The next time we do this, I am going to invest in some pipettes as I think it will be better.  The kids enjoyed it though and thought it was pretty cool when I ended up emptying the ENTIRE bottle of vinegar straight into the tray - bubbletastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment